Thursday, 31 December 2009

30 New Year's Resolutions for a 30 year old in 2010




I've decided to make these public, as it will hopefully make it more likely that I fulfill all of them. I'll publish a progress report and end of year report as I get through these.

And by the way, I can't believe that by tomorrow we'll be living in 2010. Fuck people, it's the future already!

1. Lose 1 stone in weight
2. Cut my carbon footprint by 10%
3. Don't eat any sugar for a month
4. Spend a month without alcohol
5. Spend a month without smoking (anything!)
6. Cycle/walk/canoe across a large part of a European country
7. Plant, grow, tend and harvest vegetables
8. Set up a GROFUN Oxford group
9. Spend a month without buying anything new
10. Visit Grannie Evelyn more
11. ---censored----
12. Write and perform my own song
13. Share a skill with friends and colleagues
14. Win a major campaign victory
15. Grow and give Juliet flowers
16. Excercise at least once a week
17. Reconnect with an old friend and make one new friend
18. Call Sophie once a month
19. Make myself a piece of clothing
20. Make a short film
21. Don't fly anywhere
22. Don't eat meat for a month every other month
23. Read at least 10 books
24. Learn a new skill
25. Make my own pickled garlic
26. Organise a great Shared Planet 2010 Climate Change session
27. Get regular coverage and quotes in national newspapers/TV
28. Meet with Ed Miliband in person
29. Paint a painting/make a piece of art
30. Make a rousing and emotive speech to a large crowd

2 comments:

Alex said...

Here's another to help you keep up the good work on your blog: http://project52.info/

Anonymous said...

All good things my love but what is #11??? xxb