Whilst at Climate Camp last weekend, I got to see a sneak preview of one of the most powerful films that will be released this year, The Age of Stupid. It was incredible - both moving and funny, both horrifying and full of hope.
The film, by Franny Armstrong (McLibel director), is set in a grim, scarily realistic future. Pete Postlethwaite plays an ageing archivist who looks back on why OUR generation didn't heed the warning signs of global warming or take action in time to stop it. He shows us the stories (real documentaries) of 5 main characters living in the early 21st century and the parts they played in either worsening or trying to stop climate change.
It's an incredible movie and blows Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth right out of the water. We got to meet Franny Armstrong and ask questions after the film screening which was awesome. Hearing her first-hand account of the making of this film and all the characters she met and relationships formed along the way made it all the more powerful. I'm hoping that our Friends of the Earth local groups network in the UK will take this film out to the masses by organising public screenings. I personally will be encouraging every single person I know to see this and to spread it as far and wide as possible - it is literally a MUST-SEE film!
Wednesday, 13 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm always glad to see a new blog, especially one willing to deal with these issues.
Welcome! :)
~*
Post a Comment